Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I LOVE long weekends! Throughout the week leading up to a three-day weekend I often find myself planning out all the things I want to do with that glorious extra day. I want to do multiple projects around the house/yard, I want to do something fun like go to the park or the beach, I want to sleep in and lounge around for most of the morning (not likely, but hey a girl can dream), I want to get together with friends, I want to have the house clean and other chores done... the list goes on and on. In reality I know that it is not possible to do everything that I'd like to, at least not in just one extra day, but I can't help it.

Anyway, this year we (mostly Matt) worked very hard around the yard, trimming shrubs, pulling weeds, edging the grass, mowing the lawn, etc. We (he) worked so hard and got so much done that we could justify lounging around the house most all day Sunday. Then since Monday was just a beautiful day weather-wise we played outside most of the day and even took Luke to our club pool for the first time. So all in all, we did about everything I wanted to do over the weekend - work, relax, play. awesome.

chill-laxing


studly DeBoer men sporting their hats

checking out the pool

testing the water temperature

first time really swimming

0 comments: