Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This thing called life

I don't get the chance to update our blog as often as I would like. I think about it daily but then get busy with life and before I know it a week (or two or three) has gone by. By the time I finally get to sit down at our computer I have several past events/experiences that I want to 'blog about' that it can seem overwhelming and I'm not quite sure where to start.
So today I have decided to simply put a bunch of pictures and videos I have taken recently and let them do the talking. It seems easier that way (plus Luke decided he wasn't going to take a nap this morning and has been kind of cranky so who knows how much time I'll actually have).
Luke has been entertaining us by making all sorts of new noises...


Luke has been exposed to his fair share of Yankees games these past few weeks. I don't really advocate for infants watching t.v. or videos on the computer, but I'm fighting a loosing battle when it comes to watching "Daddy's Teams". Luke will be brainwashed - just like his father.


Luke has been spitting up a LOT lately. I asked the doctor about it at his last appointment and he said it was due to Luke having a bit of a cold. I guess the congestion contributes to reflux and more spit up. Lovely.

Luke had just eaten and Matt (not knowing Luke was nice and full) held Luke up to kiss his cheeks only to get a face full of Luke Puke! You can see it on Matt's nose in this picture! Ha. Oh the joys of fatherhood.


I got Luke up from his nap after church on Sunday to find that he had a bonefide black eye! I didn't notice it when I put him down for his nap so I'm a bit puzzled as to how this happened but he didn't seem to be bothered much by it. He has a tendency to bonk himself in the head with various toys and objects he's trying to get into his mouth (not so keen on the hand-eye coordination yet) so I guess he could have punched himself in the eye... who knows.

Luke's first shiner! He's such a boy. Our two international students are making their blog debut! We have all been adjusting pretty well. Charles and Jung get along great with one another and with us. We've learned how to say "hello, nice to meet you", "I'm hungry" and "Dude" in both Chinese and Korean! The boys laugh at our pronunciation, of course! We've also learned that they eat horses, dogs, snakes and other various animals that we would never consider eating in the United States. The other night Jung asked for some jam for his biscuit - Matt went to get it out of the fridge and asked what kind Jung would like "we have strawberry or dog". We all got a good laugh out of that. Matt= quite the comedian.

The boys are all bonding over playstation. (Jung KILLED Matt in soccer - 11 to 0) This is AFTER homework was finished, fyi.


Charles has taken a liking to Luke. He likes to play with him, hold him, and make him laugh. Since in China the families are only allowed to have one child per family he has said that it is a 'dream come true' to have a younger sibling for awhile!

As many of you have probably heard on the news, 'Tis fire season in southern California! As I am typing this I can hear the planes and helicopters flying over our house. But don't worry, we're not in any immediate danger. The fires in Yucaipa are the closest to us and you can see the smoke from our house and everything smells like a campfire. Last I heard the fire was 25% contained (which may sound bleak, but its really not) and the fire would have to climb up one side of a hill, down the other side, jump the freeway, and cross through a few more valleys/neighborhoods before reaching us. We are praying for the families who live in those areas however, as their homes are at risk.

View from our back patio...




Well, I had hoped to put some other videos on the blog but our computer is NOT cooperating with me. Hopefully I can get them up soon - like this month sometime! :)

2 comments:

Mark Leonard said...

The Luke Puke picture makes me sick to my stomach.

Julie said...

That's really sweet about Charles and Luke. Looks like those boys are enjoying life in the DeBoer home.

What a little man Luke is!