Friday, May 13, 2011

Sugar and Spice


And everything nice... that's what our little girl is made of!
Introducing:
Elin Joy DeBoer!
Arrived May 11, 2011
8:25pm
8lbs 6 oz. 20 1/2 in.


We are proud to announce that Elin Joy (pronounced Ee - lynn... yes, like Tiger Woods' ex-wife) made her debut Wednesday! She is healthy and beautiful and we are just, oh so thrilled with her addition to our family!

To put all the rumors to rest, yes, I was induced... and for purely selfish reasons. At my last few doctor's appointments I had not made much progress in terms of being dilated, etc. I simply asked my doctor at what point would he start talking/thinking of inducing. (I told him how my parents were coming into town and I was starting to worry that my dad may miss out on the birth of this baby if he/she is as late as Luke was) Honestly, I thought he would tell me we'd wait and see... nope. He shrugged and simply said, "let's see when I'm on call.... how's the 11th work for you?" Done deal.
I had mixed feelings about scheduling an induction before my official due date - like I was being a control freak or taking some of the 'adventure' out of going into labor on my own. Matt, on the other hand, was relieved to have something nailed down, especially in the midst of all the chaos in our lives right now. Not to mention that he now had set dates for making sub plans.

Our last picture as a family of 3
So at 6:45 am on May 11 we packed up and headed into Redlands Community Hospital ready and rearing to go! In fact, when I got hooked up to all the monitors at the hospital we realized that I was already having contractions on my own, just not strong or consistent enough to really take notice of - so who knows? Maybe May 11th would have been the date Elin was to arrive with or without the induction. Regardless, she's here! Perhaps eventually I'll update with more of the "birth story" but for now you'll have to settle for a few pictures.... plenty more to come, I promise. :)

Elin Joy - big, healthy baby girl!
Tired, emotional mama and new precious daughter
snug as a bug



Daddy's girl

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

YEAH!!! Welcome baby!! Such a super cute name - so exciting - I had just told Kristen that I was sure you were having a girl because this pregnancy was SO different for you - super fun!! Post more pictures - can't wait to see them.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to meet her in July! Wish it could be sooner!
-Candice

Jill said...

Katelyn is so excited to have a new little girlfriend to play with!! Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl.

thekuiperskrew said...

She's adorable! Congrats to you all! Hoping things goes well in the next few weeks!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful and you look great! The newborn on your chest photo brings back great memories. :) I hope life is going well as a family of 4.