Saturday, November 20, 2010

Klingenmaier's in CA: Day 1

It's official: the holidays are here! Which also means that the Klingenmaier's are here! My sister, Erika, brother-in-law, Aaron, and nephew, Micah, arrived in CA yesterday. Unfortunately the weather yesterday and today hasn't been very California-ish but that's ok- they're on vacation. :) I've decided that I'm going to try and post more frequently during their visit for two reasons: 1. that way I can document all the important and not so important details of our time with them and 2. I don't have one massive blog post to do about the entire week they are here later on.
We didn't really do much yesterday apart from drive home from LAX and get dinner at Souplantation. (I love Souplantation). Once we got home Luke and Micah were as hyper and happy as they could be. Luke was thrilled to have all the attention and playmates. Micah was mostly thrilled to be out of travel mode, which means no car seats! It was quite active around here, let me tell you!
The real action of the night, however, occurred after both boys went to bed. Erika and Aaron were on their way to bed also when Jung comes running down the stairs telling me that he just witnessed a mouse running into our bedroom. (this was probably the most animated Jung has been....ever) With that we all went upstairs on a wild mouse hunt! After a bit of chasing the mouse from room to room, moving furniture, experimenting with shoe boxes, and only a few shrieks Matt ended up trapping the mouse while Aaron smashed it with a tennis racket! Ew. The mouse wasn't exactly dead yet and laid there twitching until he hit it again and then scooped it into the shoe box for a proper burial.
This is the second mouse we've found in two days! The first was dead in the garage. After this experience I think it's time we invest in another rodent removal system....



1 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great plan! I'm sure many other cat-owners (myself included) can attest to the success of such rodent removal system! (Although, at this point, we have only had little fake mice for ours to hunt, and she's done so with much vigor.)