Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ankles? What ankles? ... and other joys of the third trimester


It is now 5:38am and I have been awake for the past 2 hours. Its not that I'm not tired, I am, I just can't get comfortable. I've now tried getting comfortable on two of our different couches in all sorts of different positions...no such luck. (side note: I have discovered that ABC family plays all of the old sitcom shows that I remember from junior high... Step by step, Sabrina the teenage witch, etc. in the wee hours of the morning. Its amazing (and really pathetic)how many episodes I still remember. )
So, here I am less than 2 weeks away from becoming a mom and I'm watching ridiculously bad actors on cancelled TV shows from my past. I think I need a new hobby.
That said, I am getting very ready for Baby DeBoer to arrive. The last few weeks have brought about new discomforts that I would rather do without - hence the picture of my ugly feet! I am nice and swollen most of the time now... lovely effects of retaining water. My hands, feet and face are definitely fuller - especially my feet. Matt affectionately refers to my feet and ankles as "clubs" or 'hobbits feet sans the hair'. I've also developed carpal tunnel in my hands and wrists from the swelling causing pressure on nerves. It takes me 5 times as long to do anything now that I have to stop and shake out my hands to get some feeling back to the fingers. Hopefully this will all go away once the baby comes, but then again, carpal tunnel syndrome has haunted the women in my family for years so I'm not holding my breath.

Here's the latest prego pic... 38 weeks



In other news, there really isn't much other news in the DeBoer house. Thursday marked the beginning of March Madness which basically means that I am a basketball widow for a few more weeks. Matt has been looking forward to this tournament for weeks. So far his bracket is doing pretty well. I came home from work on Thursday to find Matt watching one game on T.V, one game on the Internet, Sports Illustrated laying out on the coffee table and his bracket in hand. I just had to take a picture...

Such a sports freak... gotta love him.

8 comments:

Brigitte said...

Welcome to the final days. You look amazing and I can't wait to learn the new little one is here. I hope you have a great final week and that you enjoy it all! Did you have fun at your baby showers? Take care! Praying for you!

Patty said...

I feel for you, Lisa! With Jacob I was really puffy and had carpal tunnel too. It does go away! Hang in there. You're almost there.
Love the belly pic. Are you having a basketball?? Such a perfectly round belly. :D

Jessica said...

Ahhh, the joys of the last few weeks of pregnancy :) I was the same way with sleeping. I got more sleep once the baby arrived than when I was pregnant. Even through the nighttime feedings and stuff, crazy huh? It was because I was finally able to get comfortable!

Your belly is so cute, you seriously look like you shoved something in there (that's a compliment, it means you don't look pregnant anywhere else) :) Hang in there these last few weeks! Your ankles will be back shortly. At least it's not summer. I'll be like that during the hottest part of the year this time :)

The Worsts said...

You are doing such a good job keeping those of us who are far away updated! Love the pics and stories!

Jill said...

Hang in there. I know it may still feel so far away, but you're on the home stretch!!!

Steph said...

I love all the belly photos! Don't worry- I had to buy new shoes in my 3rd trimester cause my feet swelled so much, but within a few weeks after Sophia was born, they had shrunk back to normal. Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time sleeping, but at least it looks like you got a pedicure. :) You've almost made it! I can't wait to see photos of Baby DeBoer!!

Joel and Lora said...

2 weeks!!! WHOA! Your prego pic is so cute and I love the pic of Matt. I know how you feel. March is Joel's absolute favorite time of the year!! :) Thanks for keeping us updated!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS - YOUR MOM GOT ME TO THIS SIGHT. TIME WILL TELL IF I GET TO ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE. I HAVE MORE PASSSWORDS THAN CARTER HAS LIVER PILLS, AND SELDOM REMEMBER THEN. I DO HAVE A LIST OF THEM. YOU'RE NOT THAT HUGE - YOU'RE ALL BABY. YOUR MOM SAID YOU WERE HUGE, AND I SAID 'HUGE & LISA' - THAT'S AN OXYMORON!!!!! YOU LOOK PRETTY CUTE. THOSE WERE THE DAYS - AND WE HAVE A PICTURE OR TWO MAYBE 5 OF ME PREGNANT, AND THAT'S WITH 5 PREGNANCIES!!!! ALL ABOUT 100 YEARS AGO. THE VERY BEST TO ALL OF YOU - MA & PA!!!!! SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU. IT'S A FABULOUS ARRANGEMENT!!!!

LYNN AND BILL