Monday, March 9, 2009

Before... After!


Before...
I bought this glider on craigslist for $10 awhile ago with the intent to re-finish it.


After!
I spent this past weekend sewing a new cover for the glider cushions. It's not perfect by any means but I am pretty excited about how it turned out. A definite improvement from what it was like when we bought it. Not bad for $10 plus fabric costs. I got a stool at Jo Ann's that Matt painted the same color as the glider and made a cushion for it too, so now we have an ottoman to rest our feet on as well.


Before...
We were given furniture for the nursery from a good friend of mine at work. It is great furniture, just needed a good cleaning and some TLC.


After!
Matt sanded, primed, and repainted the furniture an espresso brown. Then we changed all of the knobs out and voila! Like new! I didn't get good 'before' pictures of the dressers (I always think about that after the fact) but here are the 'after' pictures.




Before...
This is me at 14 or 15 weeks pregnant, looking nice and tired.


After! (sort of)
Here is the latest prego pic at 36.5 weeks, still looking nice and tired... and quite a bit bigger!
It's hard to believe that we'll be meeting Baby DeBoer within a month. Sometimes I feel like I have been pregnant forever and other times I wonder where the 9 months went!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Great job! I always find it so rewarding when I fix something up and re purpose it. I'm especially excited when I can do it for cheap :) You are so close!!! Be as selfish as you can and go on lots of dates during these last few weeks, because pretty soon your life will revolve around a sweet lil' babe.

Julie said...

the furniture looks fantastic... Good job, Matt! It makes me want to refinish the glider that you guys gave us.
I can't believe your pregnancy is coming to a close! I hope you enjoy these last few weeks.

Brigitte said...

Ok, my girls rooms next...come over anytime! That is amazing. Great job...I want to come visit after this little one is here and see your home and hold the baby of course. So give me a call.

The Worsts said...

Looks like you've been "nesting"... I'm not entirely sure I know what that means...but nice work:)

Steph said...

Great job on the glider and nursery furniture! Without the before pictures, it would look like you bought everything brand new! You look great. I hope Matt's been taking you on plenty of dates and pampering you- not much time left before (wonderful) chaos ensues.

The Worsts said...

Ready for more pictures:) hehe...and an update! How are you feeling?