Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sew Much Fun

One of the (many) things that I love about having a daughter is the fact that now I have an excuse to make all sorts of fun craft things. Not that I really needed an excuse before Elin was born, but now it seems I have more motivation to create girly, frilly, pretty things. I have been having a great time finding craft ideas online and letting my imagination go wild, telling myself "I could make that"... whether or not whatever I attempt actually turns out is another story.
Last week I was bitten by the crafting bug and felt the urge to make something for Elin. Unfortunately, my supply of 'girly' craft supplies (ie: pink fabrics, ribbons, glitter, etc.) is quite sad. I do, however, have a surplus of Broncos and sports-related fabrics.
The result....
A Broncos Headband/Bow
"Dear God, please let the Broncos have a winning season"
A few days later a good friend of mine came over with her sewing machine and we were inspired to sew pillowcase dresses (all the rage these days) ;) We looked at one that she had bought for Elin off of Etsy.com and pretty much figured out our own pattern. It was SEW much fun to sit and sew, drink coffee, and chat together! I can't wait for our next project, Susanne!

Even Luke got in on the sewing action
Drumroll please....



TADA!! The finished dress!
(I honestly think I'm more impressed with the fact that I actually finished it, and quickly, than I am with the dress itself. I have a bad habit of letting craft project sit half-finished for months)
It definitely helps that my model is SEW darn cute!
Martha Stewart, I am not. But I did have fun and look forward to future sewing/crafting fun! (and I am on the hunt for some fun 'boyish' crafts/sewing projects, so Luke won't feel left out, don't worry) :)

1 comments:

Jessica said...

It turned out cute! Girl crafts are SO much fun! Hair bow making parties are pretty fun too ;) I made my first pillowcase dress not to long ago. I recently picked up some vintage pillow cases that I think will make darling dresses :)