Friday, February 11, 2011

Bread

A few weeks ago I enjoyed this year's Christmas present from Matt... a bread making lesson with some friends! It was so much fun (Thanks again, Leonards, for setting it up and hosting). We ate lots of tasty treats, chatted, laughed a lot, and learned how to make bread - "stupid easy bread" according to our teacher/baker extraordinaire, Sandra. It really is 'stupid easy'. Just four simple ingredients, mixing it up, letting it sit/rise for 2-24 hours, knead, bake and enjoy! The awesome thing about this dough is that you can make tons of things out of it - bread, rolls, pizza dough, pitas, etc. AND it's healthy for you since it doesn't have all the added preservatives that packaged breads do. Needless to say, we're big fans. I haven't bought any form of bread since taking this 'class' if that tells you anything. :) Plus, Luke loves to help in the baking process which makes it even more worth it!

Little baker COVERED in flour.
Kneading the dough
(Sandra had another word for this part of the process but I can't, for the life of me, remember it. Oh well, at least I remember how to do it - that's the important part right?)
Fresh homemade bread. Mmmmmm.

And just because I have a recent baby belly picture, I'll post that for those of you who are interested in how large my midsection has gotten.
This is at about 25/26 weeks - measuring at about 27 but I'm sure that its just a big baby or the way I'm carrying it. I measured large the entire time I was pregnant with Luke too and he was 9 days past his due date. It does amuse me when the kids at school comment about how HUGE I am already. I love the look they get when I tell them I still have 3 months to go! Haha. Middle schoolers... gotta love 'em. Things are going along well with this pregnancy- no major problems or complaints (apart from my love/hate relationship with maternity clothes). I do feel like it is going by quickly and May will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Lisa! You look amazing! So glad to read and see that you and baby #2 are happy and healthy. And as far as your bread-making goes, you and Luke are quite the bakers! Can I have the recipe? I'd love to give it a try. Although I admit, I've been using a bread maker for all our bread :)

Sarah Schenkel said...

Wow, I haven't tried the bread in a loaf pan yet, but I think I'll have to soon. And you're looking great!