Saturday, May 22, 2010

Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, Luke DeBoer

I have been trying to come up with some fun activities for Luke to do while outside. Last weekend I got out some crayons and Luke had a grand ol' time scribbling on some white paper - for about 2 minutes before he started chewing on the crayons. Later on I was either bold enough or stupid enough to let Luke experiment with painting (maybe it was a combination of both). I found some non-toxic, washable paint, an old canvas/board and paint brushes, laid a tarp out on the patio and let Luke go at it.

Don't worry, I didn't let Luke chew on the paint brushes- he tried (as you can tell) but I put the kabosh on that. He was successful at getting paint all over his face, hands, feet and clothes. It was washable paint but I'm still thankful for Oxy Clean and other stain lifters :)

The one of a kind, original piece of art (drum roll please...)
I think he favors abstract art.... or maybe it's just the fact that he's 13 months old. Either way, I think it's a masterpiece!

2 comments:

Aaron and Erika said...

LOVE it!! Your son has talent!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for this artist in the making! :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Definitely a masterpiece! Are you going to frame it and hang it up somewhere?
Love you all ~ Grannie and Pops