Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Peas and Pictures

Two posts in two days! Wow. Now before you go getting all impressed you need to know that our car is in the shop (again) so Luke and I are stranded at home with not much to do for the second day in a row. I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, I LOVE being at home. It's just that when I can't go anywhere (not that I really would go anywhere) I start to feel like I'm trapped. The house is clean, laundry is done, dinner is prepped and ready to go in the oven when the boys return, Luke is napping and so I have this time on my hands - weird. I thought that I would post some other pictures and stories of our life, because our life is SO exciting (dripping with sarcasm). At least it'll keep me occupied for a bit until Luke decides to wake up. :)

Luke had his first taste of veggies this past week. I started him on peas, for no particular reason.
I made sure to have the camera ready to go, positive that Luke would not really like this new green substance I put in his mouth.... the result below

Pure shock and confusion!

Ok, so I was sorta exaggerating his reaction. I don't know how I ended up getting that picture but thought it was too funny to leave out. His real reaction was ho-hum, no big deal... I was a little disappointed to be honest. I guess I have to wait until I give him lemons or something to get a funny reaction.

This was his real face after his first bite. He loves his spoon. He keeps grabbing the spoon I'm feeding him with so I give him his own and everyone's happy.

I think I mentioned in my post yesterday that Luke has figured out how to scoot around. He's not quite crawling yet. He will push himself up on his hands and knees but that only lasts a few seconds. However, he is a pretty good little scooter and as such, he is into EVERYTHING. Matt and I were talking about how we were SO excited when he finally learned to scoot around. Now we are like, "why were we so excited, he's twice the trouble now!" :) It is fun but boy, do we have our work cut out for us with this child! I'll just let the pictures tell the tale...








So that gives you a little taste of our life on a day to day basis. We seriously need to 'child proof' our house, like yesterday.
Here's a few more random pics, just for fun.

Sitting pretty
Yes, that is a Calvin Knights towel wrapped on his head like a do-rag.
Future Calvin stud

2 comments:

Auntie Erika/Uncle Aaron said...

GREAT pictures! :) You've got quite the photogenic little guy! :)

Sarah Schenkel said...

Watch out--nothing is safe! And seriously, the Calvin do-rag is too cute.