Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our Little Old Man

This post is going to be short but sweet...I am typing with one hand since Luke is sleeping on the other arm. I don't normally hold him during naps but poor baby has a bit of a stuffy nose and hasn't been napping well so I'm going to let him sleep when he can. Yesterday he fell asleep in the car and actually stayed asleep when I took his carrier out of the car (he normally wakes up once the engine is turned off). I put his carseat on the floor of the kitchen while I decorated a cake I baked earlier(more on that later). Before long I realized that Luke was snoring! Such a cute side effect of his stuffy nose. He reminded me of a little old man, snoring away in his lazy boy. Luke would snore so loud at times that he'd startle himself awake, look around like 'did anyone hear that", then sink back into slumberland. So sweet. I couldn't help but grab the camera and capture the moment. :)



Matt's mom and her good friend, Fran, got into town yesterday. We are getting seriously spoiled seeing our family this often and loving every minute! Mom DeBoer and Fran are going on a weekend Mexico cruise -lucky ladies- that sets sail out of Long Beach so it worked out well for them to come for a longer trip and see us again. Matt and his mom both have August birthdays (and Luke is officially 4 months old today) so we planned to celebrate the birthdays together - thus the reason for decorating the aforementioned cake. We went out to eat last night after their arrival and no one saved room for dessert so we'll have to enjoy our cake later. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures.
Ok,that's it for now. I'm hoping to find another time soon to update with more pics but that will have to wait until a time when I can use both hands. :)

3 comments:

Aaron and Erika said...

Uh oh... he must have heard Aaron snoring when we were out there and wants to follow in his uncle's footsteps! :) From a 4 month old... so cute! From a 33 year old... NOISY! :)

Brigitte said...

How fun...Gracie is going to love the new video. Thanks!! :)

Steph said...

infant bucket car seats are great sleeping spots for stuffy babies! We had to bring ours inside for Sophia last summer- that was the only way she could sleep when she had a bad cold. I hope Luke feels better soon!