Friday, May 29, 2009

Big Boy

Luke had his one month doctor's appointment yesterday. We're a little behind on those appointments seeing as how Luke is nearly 7 weeks old and just now getting his one month appointment. oops. He is doing very well. He gained another 2, almost 3 pounds tipping the scales at 11lbs 14 oz. (50th percentile) He's also 23 3/4 inches long now (95th percentile) and his head circumference is 41 cm (90th percentile)- so he's a big boy. :) The nurse measured his head, left the room, and then returned to 're-measure' his head saying that she thought she'd measured wrong - his head is too big...but no, she measured correctly the first time - he just has a huge dome. HA! Apart from that, Luke is a very healthy little boy. Oh, and can I just say that I love love LOVE our pediatrician! He is just a wonderful doctor, very patient and gentle with Luke and actually takes the time to sit down and talk to me for as long as I need to have all my questions answered. He's probably the first doctor I've seen who hasn't made me feel like he's just in a hurry to get the appointment over with. SO nice.

Luke has been smiling for real for a few weeks now, which continues to melt our hearts every time. He's been making more fun sounds too - gooing and cooing. We find ourselves trying to get him to "talk" more by gooing and cooing back - sounding like complete idiots but that's ok, we're over it.


Here's a video of just that...


Luke was given a baseball onesie from my Aunt- thanks Aunt Marilyn! It says Daddy's Rookie on the front (Sidenote: I have realized that nearly 90% of the clothes that Luke has all have 'daddy' somewhere on them - Daddy's rookie, Daddy's all star, Daddy's tough guy.... I think I have two onesies that pay some tribute to Mommy, that's it! AND 'Mommy' is so tiny on the onesie that it might as well not even be there. What is that all about?)
Anyway, enough of my little rant - we were also given a baseball hat for Luke from some family friends back in Lynden and thought that putting Luke in the outfit and hat (even though it's still a bit big on him) would make a cute photo....

I love how you can only see one eye in this picture!

This one cracks me up - he looks like such a little tough guy!

Looking a bit perplexed

I LOVE this one!

This has to be my favorite!

I'm not sure what we'll do if Luke grows up to not be interested in sports...

somehow I don't think that's going to be a problem.:)

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

He is adorable. Love the last picture too. As for the clothing if you had girls they would all say mommy. It is just how the clothing world works. Hee hee.

thekuiperskrew said...

Such a cutie. Can't wait to meet him next week!

Auntie Erika/Uncle Aaron said...

the baseball pics are so cute!! I love the "tough guy" one! :) miss you all!