Saturday, April 11, 2009

Still waiting...

Well, we are now one week and one day past Baby DeBoer's expected arrival date- which, is actually average for first babies according to what we have heard/read on the Internet. We had a doctor's appointment last week which determined that the baby is fine, I'm fine and thus, my doctor "let me go" for another week. In all honesty, that was NOT what I wanted to hear. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad that the baby is doing fine and there are no concerns whatsoever, but I am VERY VERY ready to meet this little one who has been kicking me from the inside out for the past several months. That day will come and in the mean time I am learning a valuable lesson in patience and giving up control.
As is stands right now, I am scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, April 14 at 4am. It isn't how I had pictured going into labor in my head but I'm coming to terms with it.

After getting that news from the doctor Matt and I decided that we were NOT going to just simply sit around the house and wait for something to happen- that would drive us nuts. So instead, we opted for a different "drive" and went golfing! Yes, nearly 41 weeks pregnant and I went golfing! I didn't really play, I just walked along and putted a few while Matt played, but it was fun. It was a gorgeous day and Calimesa "County Club" (I put that in quotes because it's NOT what you would picture when thinking of a true country club - it's far more ghetto than that) was only $16 for 18 holes, walking of course.
Matt had a good time and was finally able to use his new golf shoes that I got him as a Christmas present. We trailed a two-some who later told us that we 'made them look bad' since they were driving in a golf cart, we were walking AND I am pregos and we were able to keep up with them- highlighting their lack of golfing skills. Ha.

I took our camera along to document the occasion - here are some of the pictures.






TERRIBLE form, I know. It's quite difficult to swing a golf club around the basketball I have under my shirt.



My parents arrived on Thursday. When they bought their tickets they were thinking they'd be in town AFTER the baby came but oh well. My dad has to adjust his ticket heading home since his original ticket has him heading back to Chicago on Tuesday - our induction date. Its been very nice having them here. Matt and my dad are doing all sorts of projects around the house that we couldn't do without my dad's handy man know how- pictures to follow.

My mom wanted to get a few more belly pictures before baby arrives and I was more than happy to oblige. Here are the latest, and hopefully LAST, baby bump (which is more like a bowling ball than a bump at this point) pictures- enjoy.


41 weeks



3 comments:

Brigitte said...

So glad you blogged! We have all been worried sick and now I am happy to know that things are good and you are moving forward. I will pray that the induction goes well and that you can avoid C-section! Love the pictures and so fun to walk the golf course. Neat shoes too Matt. Take care and don't forget to let us all know when the baby is here - we are still guessing the sex and names! Take care and Happy Easter!

Jessica said...

Oh man.... 41 weeks, that is rough. Hang in there these last few days, you are almost there! I know a huge belly is so uncomfortable. On the bright side at least all you have is a huge belly and not a huge butt and thighs, lol. You are really cute :)

I can't wait to see news that you've had the baby!

Steph said...

You look great! Maybe that nice walk on the golf course got things moving. Glad you're enjoying time with your folks.