Friday, September 14, 2012

Kids' Quotes

Kids say the darndest things and mine are no exception. Luke is in a particularly fun stage for saying things that make us chuckle. Elin is in the stage where she is learning new words all the time. Needless to say, this is a fun (and noisy) time of life we're currently in. I wanted to make sure and write down some of these kidisms to cherish for years to come.

Luke: "Can I have some money to put in my bank?"
Me: "You can do an extra chore and earn some money to put in your bank"
Luke: "But Mom! I don't want to earn the money. I just want you to give it to me."
 He proceeds to get my wallet from my purse and show me that, indeed, I do have money in there I can just give him. He ended up sweeping up under the table to earn a quarter. I win.

Luke: "If I eat all my _(insert any food here)__, then I will be big like Daddy. Daddy is big but not mommy."
Me: "You don't think mommy is big?"
Luke: "no"
Me: "Why not?"
Luke: "You can't reach stuff. Daddy can."

We had our small group at our house, which included a couple with the last name Vandertuig. After Matt told Luke who was coming over, he comes running to me - "Mommy! Vander Tiger Woods is coming to our house!"

Elin: "Dadda DaDa Dadda"
Me: "Do you love Daddy?"
Elin (big smile): "Dadda Dadda!"
Me: "Do you love Mommy?"
Elin (shakes her head, no) "Dadda!"

Elin also says "Momma, Hi, More, Puppy, Uh Oh, Whoa, Night Night, Bye Bye, Baby, Ball, No and Owl".  She'll mimic the sounds of other words but these words she's mastered.



There are plenty of other things our kids say/do on a daily basis that make us laugh but I can't remember them at the moment. I'll have to do a better job of jotting them down!

Oh, how we love these two! 




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the pictures and the quotes. How about comparing Elin to your 1-year-old pictures, Lisa? Luke isn't the only chip-off-the-old-block in the DeBo family!
love you all, Mom/Nee-Nee