Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mean Muggin'

Friday, May 11 marked Elin's first birthday! Wow, oh wow, did this year go by in a blur! I was prepared for it to go fast but definitely wasn't prepared for it to go this fast!  Of course, I took lots of pictures but for some reason they aren't uploading onto blogger - frustration. I can get to them on the computer but blogger won't recognize that there is a new file of pictures - frustration. I don't like this new format for blogger either - frustration. SO, in an attempt to avoid further, needless frustration, I am going to put that post on the back-burner for now. Something for all my loyal readers to look forward to. :) 
How big is Elin? SO big! 


Elin continues to show us more and more of her adorable personality. She is still incredibly laid back and pretty chill most of the time but she delights us with her humor and silliness. She is in such a fun stage - I swear, Matt and I can actually hear her brain cranking away full speed as she learns new things every day. She cracks us up with her goofy gorilla crawl. She has mastered this exceptional skill and can maneuver extremely well, and quickly! She's beginning to show more interest in walking - just tonight she took about 8-9 steps between Matt and me - but she's clearly no risk taker (so unlike big brother Luke who wants to jump off the top bunk with the ceiling fan running!). She is her own little person and we simply adore her just as she is. She is such a blessing and we are privileged to be her parents. 

I would love to know what goes through Elin's mind sometimes. Every so often she makes this hilarious face, affectionately referred to as her 'mean mug'. She scrunches up her nose, eyes, and mouth while sniffing quite obnoxiously.  It amuses me to no end. I simply had to capture it on camera - several times. :) 






I'm just not sure where she gets it from - puzzler. 



0 comments: