Friday, January 27, 2012

A little privacy please...

Our little Luke isn't so little anymore! Just ask him. He's a Big Boy! It's official. No more baby - no bottles, no crib, and now (drumroll please) no diapers!!! We still put a pull up or diaper on him for naps and at night but he always wakes up dry. AND he has woken me up in the middle of the night twice to go to the bathroom. While I'm not thrilled to be up in the middle of the night I am impressed that he woke up knowing he needed to go potty!

He finally got the hang of going 'number 2' on the potty recently. For whatever reason he has connected the need to poop with the need for privacy. Thus, when he's doing business on the potty, he'll pull the shower curtain around him and create his own little private tent, just for pooping. It amuses me to no end. The first time I witnessed him do this, he was seated on the potty, grunting away, then looks up at me and says, "Mom, I need a minute" and pulls the curtain around him. NO Joke. Word for word - what 2 year old does that? I couldn't help laughing and, of course, getting the camera. I know, I know, he'll hate me later for posting this but I'm over it. It's my right, nay duty, as a mom to embarrass my children. :)

Luke's private pooping potty place
When he's not 'busy' in private he's accessorizing himself. Our BIG Boy! How fast time flies.
We love you Luke and are SO proud of you!!

0 comments: