Saturday, October 23, 2010

Goodwill

I LOVE thrift stores. I generally prefer to rummage through the racks at a thrift store versus face the crowds at a typically over-priced- loud- teenie boppin'- rude sales people- mall. That said, I don't always have the time or patience (particularly with Luke in tow) to be able to search through the racks at Goodwill hoping to score a great deal on something someone else no longer wanted. This past week I had some time to kill and stopped in Goodwill hoping to find Luke a Halloween costume. They didn't have any costumes Luke's size unfortunately but I was able to find a bunch of fall/winter clothes for him that I am particularly excited about (obviously, since I felt it was worthy of a post on our blog!)

I got:
3 sweatshirts
1 Fleece zip up coat
2 fleece sleepers
2 pairs of jean
2 pairs khaki pants

To make this even more impressive, all of the clothes I scored were brand-name... Levi's, Baby Gap, Old Navy, and in VERY good shape! All for a grand total of *** drumroll, please**** $16.00 (for those of you who don't shop for baby/toddler clothes I'll give you comparison... earlier this week I bought a warm sleeper for Luke brand new from Walmart for $7.00. If I had bought the same sleeper at Babies R Us it would have cost me about $15.00.) So, be impressed. :)

4 comments:

Patty said...

Awesome score, Lisa!

Julie said...

I need to try that. I'm sure I'd find some good stuff. I just never have the patience. Maybe we should head out together sometime! :)

DeBoer Days said...

I married the most dutch non-dutch person in the world!

Mom said...

Way to go, Lisa. You've made me a very proud mom, even if that means you're what Matt calls a dutch non-dutch person! I think it's just plain smart to stretch your dollars until George screams.
Love to you all -- and I miss you like crazy!
Mom aka Nee-Nee