Monday, July 26, 2010

Fun at Grannie and Pops' house

I have zero motivation to do anything these days. It could be the heat. It could be that it's summer and I'm taking advantage of the time off. It could be post-vacation depression. OR it could be that my 15 month old is into everything, whining about 75% of the time, not napping, and basically voiding me of any energy I may have to do other things, including updating our blog. So for those of you (grandparents) who check our blog routinely... sorry.

Time at my parent's house in IL served as the "bookends", so to speak, for our Midwest trip. We spent a few days there after IA before heading up to MI and then after MI before heading back to CA. As always, my family is great entertainment - certifiable. My parents have entered into the grandparent realm with a sort of enthusiasm to be admired. My mom has inherited her 'grandma-ness' from her mother, my grandma Doris, who always "over did it"- in a good way that made everything fun and full of love. My mom has been stocking up on toys and all sorts of fun play items for the grandkids. I think there are more toys in their house now than there were when I was a kid, seriously.
We had a lot of fun just hanging out around the house - Luke especially.

Luke thoroughly enjoyed:

Uncle Jimmy:
Crazy Uncle Jim carried Luke around the house in his booster seat, making it fly like an airplane. Luke LOVED it. Jim was sore for days.
As Grandma Doris would say, "Wheeee!"
The Trampoline:
Bouncing with Grannie Jannie (love the face, mom, classic)
Pops' Tractor:
mowing the lawn is not a chore in the eyes of a 15 month old, it is like a roller coaster ride!
Luke, sporting only a diaper and earphones- very GQ
Pops and his boy Luke - 'nough said
Pops and the grandkids - love love love it.
Cutting the grass has never been more fun.
The Swing:
Always needing to be in the thick of things.
Luke loved swinging or just chillin' in the swing
Cousin Kristen was the best 'pusher'
Uncle Jim was swinging Micah in his own way. The boys loved it.
Jim was, again, sore for days.
(I got a great video of this and other fun times that I wanted to post but for some reason it isn't working. If anyone is technologically savy and feels so inclined, please help.) :)

The Slide:
Luke quickly figured out how to maneuver up the ladder on the back side of the slide.
Getting him to sit down and go down the slide the right way was more of a challenge.
Daddy needed to show him how it's done
"Ok, now I get it"
Enjoying some shade.
We did more than just hang out around the house during our time with the Thomson clan but the Bachelorette is starting (yes, I admit that I am a so-called fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette Television show). So, more on our Midwest vacation to come.

2 comments:

The Worsts said...

As a soon to be tired mom...I apprecaite the honesty! But wow...you still did a nice job updating the blog! I loved seeing you guys:)

Julie said...

awesome. I love all the fun little things and hilarious faces all around.