Monday, December 22, 2008

Well, so far it doesn't look like I'm a very good 'blogger'. I'm hoping that will change once my life gets more exciting... meaning when the baby arrives. I guess I feel like our lives at this point aren't all that special or blog-worthy.
Eric (Matt's brother) arrived this morning from Atlanta! Mom DeBoer and Andrea come in tomorrow night! We're really excited to have the DeBoer clan in CA for Christmas this year. It's so nice not to have to travel- work out plane tickets, rides to the airport, packing and shipping presents, etc. I have really enjoyed being able to actually decorate this year and do some Christmas baking. In the past years I never bothered to decorate the house or do much in terms of baking because we were never around long enough for us to really enjoy it. Not this year! Not to mention that it actually FEELS like Christmas this year thanks to the snow, yes SNOW, that we've already had! Last week Wednesday we got some flurries at our house. I had to run an errand at the Walmart that's a bit further up from our house and it was a winter wonderland! I honestly felt like I had been instantly transported back to the Midwest for bit. I loved it, probably because I wasn't driving - Matt was. He was complaining about how he moved to Southern California to escape the snow and here he was driving around in it.... what the heck? We've heard that it's supposed to rain pretty much everyday this week too so there's potential that we'll see even more snow! I'm thrilled about that possibility but feel a little bad that Mom DeBoer and Andrea come to CA from WA (where they've had a lot of snow so far) and instead of sunny weather they get snow! Such is life.

0 comments: